Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Step Closer


Aw, great friends!
The Family...for the most part

Today another big move was made towards the mish. It was my non-farewell. Yippee hoorah, that part is over! I was very blessed to have many friends and family in attendance. The reviews seem pretty...ok. I received everything from "You did great!" to "It was adorable." (that one made me laugh. Are talks supposed to be "adorable"?) to "I fell asleep." I'm pretty sure that last one was kidding but it was so hard to tell, she had quite the poker face. I also got, "I cried right along with you." Problem. I don't really like crying. I don't actually know anyone who does, but still... However, what I dislike more than crying, is crying in public. I feel like a total fool. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I were a cryer by nature. You know the kind, the ones that say they enjoy a "good cry." No such thing. I'm not one to wear my tear glands on my sleeve. That just gets messy. I would say heart on my sleeve but I have no troubles showing other emotions. It seems to be only the wet ones.

Oh yeah, I was going to mention something interesting. My mission boundaries have recently changed. The Peru Arequipa Mission is now about 1/4 the size of what it was on the mission map in my call packet. It no longer reaches into the mountainous regions but sticks to the coast. Oh good, my hair looks awesome in humidity...false. Anyway, I could not be more excited! In the words of one of my friends currently serving, I'm ready to "go forth and [try really hard to] tear it up!" (brackets added for my own nervous interjection). Also, I just realized that tear, as in running down my face and tear, as in into tiny pieces are spelled the same way. Interesting. Both distinguish some kind of discomfort and probable destruction. Tear.

And so, the count down continues. 10 days from today I will be in the Provo MTC. What will I have to do to fill the following 9 days? To be honest, not a whole lot. I'll gladly take any suggestions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment